And the winner is … After 4 interesting months batch 3 of the weXelerate Accelerator Program ended today. In these past few months the startups have made quite a journey. On today’s Investor’s Day and Pitch Night 36 startups have impressed the investors and the public alike with their innovative concepts and solutions.
During an exciting morning, all 36 startups pitched in front of more than 60 investors. Impressed and interested investor’s could sign up to meet the startups of their choice for a one-to-one meeting in the afternoon during our speed dating event. More than 70 “dates” have been arranged. Many interesting business opportunities have been discussed, we hope to see many projects realized within the next years.
By the end of the Investor’s Day, only 5 startups competed against their many and strong rivals. These following 5 startups were the finalists:
- DAGOPT (Austria): This startup develops and uses self-adapting algorithms (AI) to automatically find new and improved concrete mixtures.
- Txture – Transforming IT (Austria): Txture is an IT transformation platform for highly regulated organisations, such as banks and insurances, speeding up cloud transformations and ensuring long term IT agility to stay competitive.
- CloudStorm (Hungary): CloudStorm Robotic Process Automation makes large enterprises more efficient by automating the repetitive administrative tasks of their employees.
- ZAPIENS Technologies (Spain): With a human-centric AI virtual assistant called Zap, ZAPIENS helps employees to learn critical knowledge and to solve any question.
- Orderlion (Austria): Award-winning marketplace bringing restaurants and suppliers closer together than ever before.
These 5 finalists presented their final pitches at the Pitch Night to an audience of more than 500 guests hosted at weXelerate headquarters. IBM’s NAO Roboter welcomed and entertained the guests with his dancing to the music of Blowing Doozy. Dejan Stojanovic, founder of Fuckup Nights Vienna, led through the evening. After a warm welcome by managing directors Claudia Witzemann and Dominik Greiner, Uber CEO Martin Essl’s held his keynote on the challenges of modern worklife. He emphasised that “companies that want to be successful nowadays have to adapt to new situations quickly.” He further mentioned that weXelerate’s ecosystem is a great example how cooperation drives innovation.
The decision for the jury as well as for the public was not an easy one. All 5 finalists presented great business models. We are therefore proud to announce ZAPIENS as winner of the jury’s choice and Orderlion as winner of the public’s choice. ZAPIENS and Orderlion take home prizes sponsored by Schönherr attorneys and media packages sponsored by derbrutkasten. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who took part in this awesome event.