Successful Launch of Token4Hope at Wiener Hilfswerk
The first implementation of the HUMANITY TOKEN System, developed by HumanVenture, DECENT and Collective Energy
hosted by Blockchain Austria
Token4Hope is a joint project developed and implemented by Collective Energy, DECENT and HumanVenture in cooperation with Wiener Hilfswerk and Blockchain Austria. The project, launched in November 2018, has already collected more than 10,000 Euros worth of donations and is regarded as a pioneer in blockchain-based charity. Token4Hope is an innovative solution to support the basic needs of economically disadvantaged people. The project aims to address transparency problems along the donation process by providing a technical solution.
Through DECENT’s DCore Blockchain, donations are stored transparently and tamper-proof – allowing all donors to track their contribution and to see the actual usage of their donated money. Valuable information is collected (anonymously) and can be analyzed in order to optimize the efficiency of the support for those in need.
About the Token4Hope Event
On March, 28th 2019, HumanVenture, DECENT & Collective Energy, Blockchain Austria and BearingPoint invite to the event at weXelerate, Praterstraße 1, to present the Humanity Token and its advantages. The event is addressed to charity-organizations focussing on monetary donations, actors in economy and politics as well as donors.
Doors open at 5 p.m., program begins at 6 p.m., program ends at 8 p.m., afterwards there will be time for informal discussions and networking.
- Kick-Off (6:00 p.m.; Speakers: Lorena Skiljan/Blockchain Austria and Claudia Witzemann/weXelerate)
- Keynote: Blockchain for social impact (6:10 p.m.; Speaker: Matteo Landi/UNIDO)
- Introduction of the Humanity Token (6:30 p.m.; Speaker: Christoph Zinganell/Collective Energy)
- Success story: Token4Hope at Wiener Hilfswerk (6:50 p.m.)
- Live-Demo of the application (7:05 p.m.)
- Panel discussion: How to tackle poverty with Blockchain technology (7:20 p.m.)
- Wrap-up (7:50 p.m.)
- Networking with food, drinks and music (8:00 p.m.)